Re: [tlug] Tokyo ISP Throttling? Why does my internet speed increase so much by setting up a proxy?

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016, Tim Osburn wrote:

On Sun, 21 Feb 2016, Jawaad Mahmood wrote:

 I'm very confused about this.
 I am running NTT Flez Hikari to my mansion; it's slow as molasses.

 However, today I setup a Squid3 proxy server on a cloud server I own. When
 I connected to that (and connected my wife), all of a sudden all sorts of
 slow / dropped connection problems went away.

Jawaad,
	 Sorry for the long reply, this Email sorta grew and got out of hand.

Jawaad,
	Two other things to consider too.

1) Is this a DNS issue, is your slowness related to resolving a host? Check with
   your ISP and ensure you are using their DNS servers. Check with your ISP and
   ensure their DNS Servers are not having issues.

2) Are you running IPv6 and perhaps IPv6 is timing out and then falling back to
   IPv4?

Tim Osburn
http://www.m2os.com
W7RSZ / JG1MBR