[tlug] Brother printer installed, not printing

I have been googling this since yesterday and not coming
across pertinent information.

Using Linux Mint 16 Petra (gnome). Installed brother drivers
for MFC-6490 all-in-one printer/scanner. USB connection.
Scanner works fine. Printer is listed (the only one I have).

I send jobs to the printer which is listed as online and waiting
(idle). I now have a string of jobs waiting to be printed.
Nothing prints.

I did open "http://localhost:631/admin" and click on "shared"
but that had no effect. That also shows all jobs as "completed"
though I think that just means they were sent to the printer,
which is not printing them. It does print from other computers
(both linux mint and windows).

Any suggestions on what I should try?

Thanks,
Ralph Sumner