Re: [tlug] Memory upgrade and CPU bit-width question

On Tuesday, 5 January 2016, Raymond Wan <rwan.kyoto@example.com> wrote:

I'm not quite ready to consider having an SSD in a desktop as
one of its internal drives, but maybe some day.

That day should be today, or tomorrow at the latest! ;)

An SSD as your primary drive will make a very perceptible difference in the responsiveness of your machine, especially when starting programs. You don't realise how much disk I/O is happening all the time, and SSDs drop I/O latency like an anvil. But in a good way.

Cheers,
Josh

--
Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse the brevity and potential typos.