Re: [tlug] DDB/CJKV-E Web Host under DDOS attack

On 5 January 2016 at 03:10, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

> Josh Glover writes:
>
>  > That's a very interesting idea. Of course, the difficult bit is
>  > convincing the owners of said PCs to let you have a slice of their
>  > machine for your code execution.
>
> If I understand the proposal correctly, hardly so.

I think technically savvy people like TLUGgers are more likely to
evaluate the tradeoff and accept it, whereas the general public would
be more resistant to their computer being used by someone else. My
guess is that my grandfather would view it like Google (or whichever
company) wanting to drive his car for 10 minutes a day when he's not
using it.

Making the case to the general public would be a social engineering challenge.

Cheers,
Josh