Re: [tlug] DDB/CJKV-E Web Host under DDOS attack

On 4 January 2016 at 05:12, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:

> [1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_delivery_network for those of
> us who haven't been spending rather too much time on planning delivery
> of web pages.

Or streaming video, which is a real bear to get caching right for.
HTTP_Large seems to be an afterthought in most CDNs. I assume that
Akamai, as usual, is really great, but I haven't messed with it as
Akamai, as usual, is really expensive.

> [T]here's a lot of room for moving code
> around dynamically, even perhaps from second to second. Imagine that
> less popular search queries get calculated on the user's PC, but more
> popular ones that happen to be difficult get shared.

That's a very interesting idea. Of course, the difficult bit is
convincing the owners of said PCs to let you have a slice of their
machine for your code execution.

Cheers,
Josh