Re: [tlug] touchpad shortcut

> I installed Mint 17.2 Cinnamon 64-bit on a Dell Inspiron 1545.
> During the installation and setting up all sorts of things I **FOUND** a
> setting for toggling the touchpad ON/OFF

See http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=124795

I'd first confirm that the commandline command works:
  synclient TouchpadOff=1

Then you could try grepping your disk (start with /etc) for the string
"TouchpadOff", to find what script(s) use it. E.g.
   grep -r "TouchpadOff" /etc/

And/or google for how to set up application shortcuts in Cinnamon. (In
Xfce it is the "application shortcuts" tab in Keyboard settings.) E.g. I
set up Alt+Home to run `xbacklight -inc 10` and Alt+End to run
`xbacklight -dec 10`, so I had a keyboard way to control screen brightness.

Darren