Re: [tlug] video display

> I am running Mint Cinnamon 17.2 on a Dell Optiplex 745 desktop machine,
> that used to run on Windows XP.
> Now under Mint the very same video looks like a stuttering series of
> individual pictures.
> Except for the HDD the hardware and the browser (Firefox) too is exactly
> the same.

One possibility might be that you don't have the correct graphics
drivers, so it is doing the video decoding in software. Dunno how to fix
it, but as the hardware is very far from bleeding edge, drivers must
surely exist.

BTW, I've heard Cinnamon is fairly resource heavy: i.e. more demanding
that Win Xp would've been. Make sure you switch off all the fancy UI
effects. Or consider something like Mint/xfce.

Darren