[tlug] Install Win 7 under VMware

Good evening
I am aware, that this probably does not belong here.
If I should not ask this here, please ignore.

I have VMware Player on 2 Mint 17.2 (and 1 xubuntu) machine installed.
Having already installed my old Windowx XP there without any problem, I
thought, I might give Windows 7 a try.
I did not do so before, because I suspected, the software will complain
about "licence" problems (it is installed on a notebook).

I used this very "Reinstallation DVD" (Windows 7 Professional) to
reinstall the system 2-3 times on a Dell Vostro notebook
over the last 5-6 years.
I NEVER had any choice regarding the installation language. It was
always Japanese.
When I installed the same system under VMware, it suddenly is English
and causes a lot of problems with Japanese.
During the installation I never got any choice as to what language I
want to install.

Is there a trick to do this?

Maybe unrelated, but interesting:
My version is Windows 7 Professional. That is what the label on teh DVD
says.
Googling showed, that this version DOES NOT allow the installtion of the
Japanese language pack.
Only Windows 7 Ultimate or Enterprise can do that.
So, I "reinstalled", choosing "Ultimate" as version.
Installs just fine. Also allows installation of the Japanese language
pack*, an option that was not available with Professional.
Apparently, this one DVD contains all "versions".

* However, this does not solve my problems ...
Thomas