[tlug] Software license change (off-topic news)

Hi all,

I know this is completely unrelated to Linux (sorry!), but I thought
maybe this piece of news might be interesting to some here:

http://retractionwatch.com/2015/11/11/bmc-retracts-paper-of-scientist-who-banned-use-of-his-software-by-several-countries/

The link says it all -- seems a journal that published a paper
describing a piece of software has now retracted that paper because
the developer of the software has changed the software license to
"exclude countries friendly to immigration".

I don't think I've heard of this before ... both a change of software
license like this and a journal taking these kind of steps as a
response.  Especially for a 2004 paper (i.e., 11 years ago).

Ray