[tlug] Coping With Suitcase Flooding (was Re: Any recommendations for cheap reliable external storage?)

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 09:42:21 +0100, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:

> ... one got flooded inside a suitcase ...

Zip-lock bags are good for avoiding that problem.
I put books in zip-lock bags to protect them from
external liquids. If I am worried much about a particular
book, I'll put it in a zip-lock bag, wrap that with clothes,
then put that in a large zip-lock bag, then put that in
center of luggage, shimmed with more clothing.

Zip-lock bags work the other direction also.
Standard practice for me has been to put vessels of liquids
inside zip-lock bags (after squeezing air out of vessel),
so that leaks don't mess up other luggage.

Pack extra zip-lock bags.
They are light and take negligible space.