Re: [tlug] systemd opinions for a web server?

On Thu, Jul 09, 2015 at 03:32:16PM +0900, Simon Cozens wrote:
> On 09/07/2015 14:46, nigel barker wrote:
> > This is what I am worried about, but Mattia above is saying you can
> > still have text logs if you like, so it must be an option somewhere.
>
> As a data point, I didn't do anything specific to my jessie upgrade, and
> I still have a perfectly normal /var/log/syslog

systemd is in the first line, capturing messages from /dev/log .
It is handing over to logging daemons like rsyslogd which can then
log to files as they did before.

One nice result of this is access to logs done by a certain user, i.e.

  # journalctl -f -u crond

Chris