Re: [tlug] Reinstallation and partitions (Mint)

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 7:42 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
Thomas Blasejewicz writes:

 > I actually took a picture - I mean with a camera. Can I attach such to a
 > mail here?

You can try.  I'm not sure how the list treats those, though.  It may
strip them, or hold your message.

 > ModemManager [1312]: <info> Caught signal, shutting down ...
 > ModemManager [1312]: <warn> Could not acquire the
 > 'org.freedesktop.ModemManager1' service name

Aha!  I bet you don't have a modem.  Although the system does its best
to deal with non-existent hardware, some programs for dealing with
hardware get confused if the hardware they expect isn't there.  It's
possible that could confuse the shutdown process enough to hang.

modemmanager should not be there. A strict removal could help, maybe.
Something like: apt-get purge modemmanager

Some Ubuntu users had the same issue.

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.