Re: [tlug] Reinstallation and partitions

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 15:28:53 Thomas <nyuwa@example.com> wrote:
> This happens EVERY time (tried already several times on different
> computers) and it happened with
> Mint 17 first and now a fresh download of Mint 17.1 burnt to a different
> disk.
>
> Is this normal?

Obviously if you are having the same results on different computers,
the problem is not likely to be BIOS or memory problems. But the odds
are not zero. Have you checked your memory? Especially if you are
downloading on the same computer this could affect the results.

I would look at your disk burning hardware and software, too. I suppose
some of us (I would, certainly) would send you an installation disk that
we know has worked properly on our systems. Just email me an address.
(You _are_ in Japan?)

Thanks to Steve for pointing out the rationale behind partitions. I will
do that from now on.

 --Ralph