Re: [tlug] Reinstallation and partitions (Mint)

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 3:19 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
Bruno Raoult writes:

 > My swap is on 2 disks, for a total of 4Gb. My memory is also 4Gb.

I haven't paid attention to this issue for ages, but at one time the
kernel devs were recommending 2X memory for swap.  There have been
major changes to memory management since then though, it could easily
have changed.  Please correct me if it has.

This is old thinking. You need virtual memory, a simple calculation is not worth.
If you buy a new computer with 64 Gb, it does not mean you need 128 Gb of swap.

I just told you that my total of 8 (4 + 4) was enough for the time being.

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.