Re: [tlug] Software center gone

On 2015/06/28 18:07, Attila Kinali wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 23:23:06 +0900
Thomas Blasejewicz <nyuwa@example.com> wrote:

A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
Setting up install-info (5.2.0.dfsg.1-2) ...
/etc/environment: line 2: MUFFIN_NO_SHADOWS: command not found
dpkg: error processing package install-info (--configure):
   subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit
status 127
   install-info
That sounds like your install-info package got corrupted.
Try running the following two commands as root:

apt-get clean
apt-get install --reinstall install-info

				Attila Kinali

I would love to do that ... but the computer will not let me do it.
There are two user accounts, both of which are "standard", so that I am told, I have no permission:
"sorry, user xxx is not allowed to execute /usr/bin/apt-get clean as root"

I tried to precede the command by
sudo
sudo su
sudo -i

but so far nothing.

Upsetting the installation THAT easily and then having SO much trouble to correct it ...
does not seem to speak in favor of the famous Linux stability and security.
Or am I, as usual, just "not getting it"?
Thomas