Re: [tlug] Help with Mint - update

> Somewhere down the very long line it said:
> Warning: No support of en_US_utf8

Was it exactly that (two underlines), or was it "en_US.UTF-8" ?

If the former, I suspect you have some typo in a config file.

If the latter, I found this suggestion:

  sudo locale-gen --purge --no-archive
  sudo update-initramfs -u -t

> the startup time is since the crash EXCEEDINGLY long!
> I have to stare at a blank, black screen for minutes on end ...

These are often (but not always) time-outs on some net-related request.

More generally, I was reading about systemd the other day, and must
admit I am looking forward to getting a distro built on top of it: the
boot-up analysis tools look much more pleasant to use. (Previously all I
knew about it was there some are very angry people hanging out on
Slashdot being very angry about it at every opportunity.)

Darren