Re: [tlug] Help with Mint

On 2015/06/26 0:29, Bruno Raoult wrote:
On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 3:12 PM, Thomas Blasejewicz <nyuwa@example.com <mailto:nyuwa@example.com>> wrote:

You may try:
CTRL-ALT-F1 (which should give you access to a text console)

Then login, and type "sudo adduser testuser"
testuser being a chosen username.

Then try to login with your new user (CTRL-ALT-F7 to come back to graphical interface).

If CTRL-ALT-F1 does not give you a terminal at first, you have a real trouble.

Thank you.
But I cannot make it work.
Ctrl+Alt+F1 => I get the console
"sudo adduser xxx => I am asked for a password.
However, neither anything entered as a NEW password, nor the prior password is accepted.
It says "incorrect password"
Nothing else happens.
When I press enter, there is something about starting a virtual machine (VM Player, but at 4 am I am too tired to write all that down ...) Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del WILL logout and restart the computer - which it did not on the black screen.

"SOMETIMES" - not always - I get in the upper left corner "Applications / Places". But going in there in an attempt at creating a new user, or changing the language etc., produces just a flicker of the screen.

Everything else will have to wait until tomorrow (today) night ...
Thomas