Re: [tlug] What is Code?

> Developers might learn something about managerial thinking, but
> managers who haven't been programmers won't learn much.  There are far
> too many missing pieces on that side.

Why is it so difficult to explain programming to non-programmers?
I read and enjoyed "D is for Digital" by B. Kernighan and parts of
"Code" by C. Petzold, but I'm not sure I would recommend them to peple
we want to learn what software and computers are.

> Paul Ford is not Tracy Kidder.

I remember learning with pleasure about microcode in "The Soul of a
New Machine", and I was very happy seeing a Data General Eclipse
exposed in a university hall months later, but I never went beyond
page 200. OTOH, I didn't learn much about software in "What is Code",
but I read it all and it made me smile. YMMV?