Re: [tlug] Introduction and defense of home webserver DYNDNS, Cloudfare

On 6/14/2015 12:30 AM, Kanji Recognizer wrote:

After that, register for CloudFare, and block all but their IPs.

They offer DNS, caching, WAF, DDoS protection, SSL and more for free,
and you can always upgrade your plan if you need even more.

https://www.cloudflare.com/

In process... but before I pull the trigger, I am using Dynamic DNS with my home cable provider to keep the original dns.dyn.com updated with my changing IP from the server. While it found my current IP, this changes occasionally perhaps at my ISP's whim and discretion. If I change the nameserver to cloudfare, how will I keep it updated? Or must I get a fixed IP from my ISP before doing the cloudfare thing?

I am waiting to pull the trigger but don't want to hose my nameserver setup I just got done paying for.... ifyaknowwhatimean.

Kevin
(hope that browser page can stay fresh till this gets answered)