Re: [tlug] Autostarting Skype

> Okay, right now, when I start Debian, I have to open LibreOffice, call
> up the document where I saved the path statement and do a cut & paste
> into an open Terminal to start Skype.  What I'd really like to do is
> click on the large, friendly Skype icon and have that happen
> automatically.

Which windowing environment? I recently learned how to always open
GnuCash files in UTC timezone (*) which in Xfce involved right-clicking
one of the files, then instead of associating with "gnucash %f"
associating it with:

   bash -c "TZ=UTC gnucash %f"

I was surprised it worked, but it did :-)

So, if you set up a desktop shortcut to run a bash command that starts
Skype, instead of Skype directly, maybe it will work for you?

Darren

*:
http://darrendev.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/gnucash-timezone-problem-workaround.html