[tlug] [announcement] May 23rd Technical Meeting

-=-=-=- Announcement: May 23, 2015 TLUG Technical Meeting -=-=-=-=-

Meeting information

   Date:  May 23, 2015 (Saturday)

   Time:  13:00-16:30

   Place: Gotanda Culture Center, Meeting Room #2
          6-5-1 Nishi-Gotanda
          Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 141-0031

   Presentations:

At this Technical Meeting, we will talk about configuration management.
There are numerous open-source software platforms for configuring Linux
systems, but which one should you pick for your particular needs, be it
managing clusters of servers or a lonely VM on your MacBook?  We will
discuss two popular options in depth:

1.  Cooking with Chef (by Edward Middleton)

[Chef](https://www.chef.io/) is a fairly well established platform for
configuring and maintaining systems.  It is implemented and extended in
ruby.  It supports a wide range of systems, services and cloud service
providers.  This talk will cover some of the challenges of using Chef to
maintain systems.

2.  Ansible (by Travis Cardwell)

[Ansible](http://docs.ansible.com/) is a relatively new platform, but it
is already quite popular.  It has very few requirements, which makes it
easy to try out with little investment.  Travis will explain how to get
started as well as give some tips about how to get the most out of the
platform.

Details: http://tlug.jp/wiki/Meetings:2015:05

Other items on the agenda are:
1. Introduction of new members, news about Linux/Open Source,
   general announcements, Q&A
2. Auction (bring any gear that would would like to donate to TLUG)

All Linux users and supporters of open source code and free software
are invited to attend this Tokyo Linux Users Group (TLUG) meeting.
Membership is open to anyone. There are no membership dues or entrance
fees.

After the meeting, we will continue chatting over a few beers.

About TLUG
regular physical meetings. Discussions are primarily held in English,
but non-English speakers are encouraged to come and participate.
We especially want to encourage Japanese people to attend and will make
efforts to support a bilingual meeting.

TLUG generally hosts technical meetings every odd-numbered month on the
2nd Saturday, and a nomikai (social even at a pub) every even-numbered
month on the 2nd Friday.

The TLUG home page is available at http://www.tlug.jp

For any instructions or info before the meeting:
     Edward Middleton ............ 090-3689-0292
     Alberto Tomita   ............ 080-3463-9256