Re: [tlug] Best IME for an "i18n power user" on linux?

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 12:39:40PM -1000, David J Iannucci wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015, at 09:04, Jens Oliver John wrote:
> >
> >   /usr/lib/mozc/mozc_tool --mode=word_register_dialog
> >   /usr/lib/mozc/mozc_tool --mode=dictionary_tool
>
> Terrific! Thanks for the confirmation.
>
> > I don't know anything about Gentoo, but as you see the binary is
> > usually not in $PATH (at least not on Arch and Debian). Are there
> > chances it's still part of your Gentoo package but resides in this or
> > a similar location? Actually, it's the 'core' configuration tool and
> > shouldn't be missing.
>
> I agree... this should definitely not be missing... but sadly it is.
> Unfortunately "find / -name mozc_tool" and even "find / -iname \*mozc\*"
> fail to turn it up (or any other extras, other than "mozc_server").

Works here:
[root@спутник ~]# find / -name mozc_tool
find: ‘/run/user/1000/gvfs’: Permission denied
/usr/libexec/mozc/mozc_tool
[..]

A different idea is to look at the package contents:
[root@спутник ~]# rpm -ql mozc
[..]
/usr/libexec/mozc/mozc_tool

"rpm -ql" to be replaced with the package management
command on your system.

Chris