[tlug] Best IME for an "i18n power user" on linux?

Darren Cook writes:

 > I'm using ibus+anthy, and sorting out the mess has been regularly
 > pushed down my todo list for the past year! What mess?

Yeah, I've been thinking about this for literally years, and every
time I look the situation in popular IMEs seems to get worse.  For
example:

 >   * The ja/en switch in the IME is global, applying to all windows. So I
 > can switch from writing an email in Japanese to a bash window and find
 > myself typing "火t" ("cat") :-(
 >   (The option to make it per-window existed but apparently a newer
 > version removed this function!)

This is horrible, IMNSHO.  It is, however, what Mac and I believe
Windose do, and that seems to be sufficient reason for the wannabes at
Canonical to snafu.  So I'm still depending on Canna (!!) native in
XEmacs (no external IME, I use Kotoeri on the Mac).

Maybe I'll do some research during GW.