Re: [tlug] 2x 4K display as remote Linux desktop

Hi Kalin,

We have a few 4K remote display systems where I work.  It's not exactly what you're looking at, as our workstation "servers" are normally used exclusively by one user (blades or workstations with high end quadro cards/etc)... remote connections are from standard Lenovo laptops running windows...

We use HP Remote Graphics (sender/receiver) - as this is handles 3d content on remote connections very well (you can adjust the fidelity to control bandwidth usage).  Some users prefer vnc for non-3d use.  Personally, I prefer nomachine (nx) - pretty good on slow connections.

We don't have anything setup with that many screens ;)  But we do have one mini vis room with 2 x 84" 4k displays (uses a HP z workstation - connects remotely to linux blades using HP Remote Graphics).  Most of the users just have dual 30" panels on their desks and use HPRG.

1GB to the server for 12 users sounds like pain (individual users no worries - but the server?  I guess it all depends on what they're looking at... would have the server on a dual link at least)....

Anyway, not exactly what you're after, but maybe some useful info?

Cheers,

Ryan