Re: [tlug] [Resolved] Experience running internet connections over old Japanese wiring that wasn't designed for internet connections

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 8:34 PM, Edmund Edgar <lists@example.com> wrote:
> Thanks for all the suggestions. I just thought I'd post the way the
> owner resolved this after I proposed the various technical options to
> her.
>
> She got me a room downstairs next to the wifi.

That put a big smile on my face.  Nice when there's a definitive
solution that is swiftly implemented to deal with what looks to be a
Royal Pain.

I once worked at a place that would fine employees a full day's pay if
they were late (by so much as a minute) three times in one month.  I
squeaked in just before 9:00 two times one month, but was late
according to the time clock, as it was running about three minutes
fast.  I complained to the upper-management guy I was sitting next to
when I got to my desk - not actually expecting any response beyond
"Come in earlier" - but he looked at me without saying anything, and
then picked up the phone, called the General Affairs Department and
told them that the time card clock was fast and ordered them to reset
it.  He hung up and said "How's that?".  Surprised and pleased, I was
almost speechless, but said "That's great!  Thank you!".

Life is so much nicer when people are actually interested in
solutions!  (And I mean the real meaning of "solutions" not the
idiotic PR use of it as "product".)

Lyle