Re: [tlug] Looking for Summer Internship in Japan

On Tue, 17 Mar 2015 01:53:47 +0800
Raymond Wan <rwan.kyoto@example.com> wrote:

> I found out the hard way [i.e., total embarrassment] that if you don't
> have a "reasonable" level of Japanese, you're wasting your time.

Unless you are willing to spend time in Japan to learn Japanese.
I came to Japan with knowing almost no Japanese (はい、and いいえ were
about the most i could do), and still managed to get to a level
where i now can order sushi without looking like a total fool.
Yes, it took a while (half a year in Japan + continuing learning afterwards)
and it did cost me a lot of energy. But it was totally worth it.

If anyone would ask me whether i would do again an internship in
Japan, my answer is YES! It's the best culture shock i have ever had!

			Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.