[tlug] Android, bluetooth and IME

I just tried out connecting a bluetooth keyboard (Buffalo, with built-in
mini mousepad (*)) to my Nexus 7 (which is on Android 4.4). It works,
but I cannot input Japanese.

We've been using the google IME on Android up until now.

I've got the keyboard set to ja layout, iWnn IME. (In the iWnn IME
settings, not the bluetooth ones, it was set to "emoji", I just changed
to "japanese", but no luck.)

I found http://www.reudo.co.jp/rboardk/bt_kb/nexus7.html which seems a
good reference, but neither shift-space nor alt-hankaku nor just hankaku
key are doing anything.

Is there a way to use the ja layout keyboard with google Japanese IME?

Darren

*: It seems a nice keyboard, but it only half works with Linux, at least
Mint 17: when I suspend it cancels the bluetooth connection. When I
resume I then have no way to input my password to login, so have no way
to re-connect bluetooth devices.
The only other thing I noticed is that shift-ctrl-Fn don't seem to work
together.