Re: [tlug] Evolution does write Japanese - kubuntu

Travis Cardwell writes:

 > #!/bin/bash
 > export LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8

If the above line has any effect on program behavior, my advice is to
"Run away!  Run away!" from Evolution because LC_ALL is supposed to
completely override it.  If it doesn't, Evolution is totally fu beyond
help.

 > export LANGUAGE=ja_JP.UTF-8
 > export LC_ALL=ja_JP.UTF-8
 > export GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus
 > export XMODIFIERS=@im=ibus
 > export QT_IM_MODULE=ibus

As Evolution is a GNOME/GTK+ application, I would be very surprised if
the above two lines have any effect!  I would again suggest running
away (though not as strongly as for nonconformance to POSIX).