Re: [tlug] VirtualBox with Wndows XP in Thinkpad x240 running kubuntuubn

On 2015-02-07 20:15, SCHWARTZ, Fernando G. wrote:
On 02/07/2015 04:32 AM, rost52 wrote:
@ Fernando. Thanks for getting back on this topic. I solved the problem by installing VB 4.3.20 and
now it runs very good in the kubuntu environment. Please provide your solution to CL I will be
reading it as well.
Hello all and hope this can be of any help; know for a fact I needed
this myself many times therefore my hope of hitting the nail on the head
here.

Beyond the standard stuff of making sure the user you plan to run the
VirtualBox environment under is indeed part of the " vboxusers " group,
here is the trick:

Check if you see file " 60-vboxdrv.rules " under:
/usr/lib/udev/rules.d

Copy that file:
/usr/lib/udev/rules.d/60-vboxdrv.rules

To:
/etc/udev/rules.d/

Then edit "60-vboxdrv.rules" file on this new location as such:
Remove (uncomment) the leading '#'s from the last 4 lines below the
comment in line #2.

You'll see that those lines clearly refer to the "USB" subsystem.

You're done. Reboot.

Once you've your virtual machine running back again, check the usual
"devices" -> "USB Devices" drop-down menu on VirtualBox's main virtual
machine interface.

Sincerely hope you find what you're looking for here.

Regards, Fernando.

Thanks Fernando for sharing! Although my VB runs now I will save this information. One never knows...