Re: [tlug] Chasing the GHOST in my machine

Dear all,

On Friday, January 30, 2015 09:41 PM, Nicolas Limare wrote:
On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 09:51:24AM +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:

You can use
lsof +c 0 | awk '/libc-/ && /DEL/ { print $1 }' | sort -u
to find out which processes use an old libc and then restart those
individually.

Or on Debian and friends:

$ sudo aptitude install debian-goodies
$ sudo checkrestart

Thanks for this Nicolas! I never knew about this package or this command!

Many hidden gems in the repositories that I don't know about...

Incidentally, I ran it on my system and had a warning message. Not a big deal:

$ sudo checkrestart
lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfsd-fuse file system /run/user/1000/gvfs
      Output information may be incomplete.

So, it appears it is running lsof underneath... I looked at it and indeed it is -- it's a Python script that's wrapped around lsof (and other commands).

Thank you for this and Attila's suggestion of lsof!

Ray