Re: [tlug] Chasing the GHOST in my machine

> In Debian, can patched and unpatched versions appear under the same
> version number?

No. Every new package has its own version number. For a bugfix you
keep the same "upstream" version (the version of the software packages
bu Debian folks) , and you get new "debian subnumber" (version of the
packaging).

"2.13-38+deb7u7"
-> libc "2.13", package version "38", package update "deb7u7"

> ... and 2.13-38+deb7u7 is now reported to be "patched"

So you're safe.

--
Nicolas LIMARE
looking for a new position, in Japan, from April 2015