Re: [tlug] Apache mod_autoindex issue...

Thanks Darren,

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 10:37 PM, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:
> My plan was to hide the "description" column for small screens, such as
> mobile phones.
> It is therefore impossible to hide the column in my CSS with its class name
> (I can do it with column number, but I don't like it very much).

I was about to say use td:nth-child(4)  (or whatever column it is), but
I just saw you have already realized and dismissed that.

But I think that table layout is fairly stable, version to version, so
that is how I would do it.

Yes, and this is what I do. However, if I discard a column in .htaccess or in other place,
for a specific directory, the output will be broken, meaning a global CSS file is unlikely to
be possible.

I just had a first look on "mod_autoindex.c", and it is messy (lots of "if...else...then", with specific
output for each case). This code would need some cleanup, for sure :)

I believe the mistake could be around line 1785 (version 2.4.6 or 2.4.7). But looking further, I can find the same algorithm
for other columns...

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.