Re: [tlug] presentation wish list

On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 10:23 PM, Travis Cardwell
<travis.cardwell@example.com> wrote:
> We had a pretty good discussion about possible presentation ideas at the
> technical meeting today.  Here is my list of topics that people expressed
> interest in:

Sorry I missed that...

> Development
>   dtrace tutorial
>   flex & bison
>   gdb tutorial
>   GPU programming
>   machine learning, image recognition
>   new web technologies (WebGL, canvas, etc.)
>   valgrind tutorial

Can I add something like performance monitoring/tuning/debugging for
linux (not specific apps/servers just general memory/cpu/IPC/IO with
dstat, strace, lsof, etc.).

> Software
>   Beginning Blender
>   digital photography tools
would like to hear one of those!

> System
>   aptly (Debian repository manager)
>   host configs: chef, puppet, ansible
>   kickstart, preseed automated installation
>   LeoFS (Rakuten)
>   new kernel features/changes
>   nftables (tutorial and comparison to pf, iptables, others)
>   Paludis: alternative package manager in Gentoo
>   systemd (tutorial and comparison to upstart, sysvinit, others)
>   systemd journal: new logging system in Fedora
>   systems administration practices (monitoring, etc.)

Would like any of the above.

I can try to summarize nftables and compare to iptables (may be pf,
but never used them) for December meeting.
Another thing I'll likely explore in more details is bcache, so I can
make a short talk on that.

Kalin.