Re: [tlug] Smart phone vs Tablet: app on sd

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 10:44:50AM +0200, Bruno Raoult wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Nikolay Elenkov <nick@example.com> wrote:
>
> I do need my 64Gb SD, when I sail for 3 weeks with no internet access.
> Tablets should be able to handle my 20+ videos, music, books, etc...
> 4Gb is ridiculous. I am not speaking about apps themselves, but about media
> files.
> 4Gb = zero.

Just seen, USB otg adapters for SD cards are also an option:
http://www.amazon.com/Connection-Reader-Adapter-Mobile-Phone/dp/B00DKMUBXQ/

> The KitKat Android restrictions breaks everything (rsync is broken, of
> course, as the ssh
> app cannot write everywhere on SD).

When connected via USB, the nexus 7 and other Android devices
can be mounted via MTP, i.e. using 'simple-mtpfs'.
Timestamps are broken, but the following works reasonably well
for me: rsync -rv --size-only /mnt/store/src /mnt/nexus7

A colleague found an further solution for the 'not enough storage
on the tablet' issue: there are now boxes sold with a harddisk
inside, a battery and a wlan accesspoint.

cheers,
Chris