Re: [tlug] VPS providers in Japan

On 2014-08-19 at 19:07:28 Nicolas Limare wrote:
> * How does that compare with Linode or Amazon AWS, for example, which
>   both have datacenters in Tokyo?

That was my first question. I have a couple Linodes, one of which is in
the Tokyo datacenter. From a quick look at the forever.net page, the
significant differences are that forever.net is about 1/3 the price of
Linode, and that it uses KVM instead of Xen. I don't know about AWS as
i've not used that service.

I prefer Xen virtualization over KVM since it allows me to control
*everything*, including my kernel, but many people won't care about
that. So just from looking at the web page i'd say the forever.net
service is promising. I'm not quite the target market and am happy with
my Linode, but for people who are slightly less picky it looks to have
potential.

__
Daniel A. Ramaley  |  Network Engineer 2
Drake Technology Services (DTS) | Drake University

T: +1 515 271-4540
F: +1 515 271-1938
E: daniel.ramaley@example.com