[tlug] burning a dvd

Hi, I encountered an interesting problem which I would like to share with you - first I have downloaded some .iso file. That file contains a dvd data
$>file jul.iso
jul.iso: # UDF filesystem data (version 1.5) 'CDROM'

if I play that file with mplayer this way: $> mplayer jul.iso than I get distorted image with some licence warnings. However, if I play that very same file with:
$> mplayer -dvd-device jul.iso dvdnav://

I get perfect image and everything works well. If I mount that .iso file to /mnt with

$> mount -o loop jul.iso /mnt

than I get /mnt/VIDEO_TS/ structure and can play it with

$> mplayer -dvd-device /mnt dvdnav://

However, if I try to burn that iso to a dvd either with:
$>growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/sr1=jul.iso

or

$>wodim -eject speed=2 dev=/dev/sr1 -v -data jul.iso

I always get a disk which has distorted image when played in the dvd player (ie. not pc). Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here?