Re: [tlug] Scanner not found

Stephen J. Turnbull writes:

> This appears to be the address of the USB hub you're attaching to.
>
> > Invalid argument."
>
> Yup, the hub is not a scanner.
>
> > Funny thing is, when I run "lsusb" I get "Bus 003
> > Device 002: ID 04f9:01f2 Brother Industries, Ltd."
>
> That would be something like "brother3:bus3;dev2". (I forget how to
> spell these, why can't they just use the traditional Unix path
> notation?)
>
> But of course you've tried that already, right? :-)

Thanks for looking at this, Stephen. I do appreciate the help.

I may have left the more important information out: I know next to
nothing about computers or programming. I would not have a clue
how to try that without it being spelled out for me. Could you tell me
how to make it look there?

Thanks!
--Ralph Sumner