Re: [tlug] Ubuntu 10.04 - kernel update snafu

On 2014年06月21日 05:24, Brian Chandler wrote:
> brian@Grieg ~/bin/memsource $ ldd TranslationEditor | grep 'not found'
> 	libQtSolutions_SingleApplication-head.so.1 => not found
> 	libclucene-core.so.1 => not found
> 	libhunspell-1.3.so.0 => not found
>
> None of these names shows up on the Ubuntu package search page
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=search

Try searching for "libclucene" and "libhunspell" instead of the full
filenames.  I am not sure about the first one, though...

> So once again I'm stuck. It does seem very odd for this to start needing
> all sorts of unusual libraries... (rather outside my experience so far)

If this software continues to be difficult to run, you might want to
consider running it within a virtual machine that is prepared just for
that software (running the exact (32-bit) distro that it was built for).
An extra benefit of doing that is that you would not need to pollute your
primary workstation with all kinds of random (32-bit) libraries! ;)

Cheers,

Travis