Re: [tlug] Ubuntu 10.04 - kernel update snafu

Travis Cardwell writes:

 > [1] Running arbitrary executables with privileged access is bad practice,
 > IMHO.

You mean arbitrary executables like apt or yum?  If you habitually run
Plan 9, I'll take that seriously, otherwise, I think you're just
kidding yourself.  Sure, "arbitrary" executables that contain viruses
or are trojans are an obvious threat, and I have a *very* short list
of sources I trust install software on my machines.  Still, any
installer whether depending on preinstalled software (such as apt) or
a self-extracting executable (like the Memsource .run file) is a
vector.