Re: [tlug] Ubuntu 10.04 - kernel update snafu

Brian Chandler writes:

 > In essentially no time at all, absolutely nothing happens.

You apparently ran it as your ordinary user.  It looks to me like it's
an executable installer rather than the application itself, so it
probably needs higher privilege than your everyday use user has.

 > It might need sudo ?, except that all the possibilities I can
 > imagine would end with an error message.

That's my guess.  "Would end" or "did end"?  If the latter, what was
the error message?