Re: [tlug] Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

 On May 14, 2014, at 4:40 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> I'm curious which TLUG'ers prefer for Japanese, OpenOffice or
> LibreOffice?

LibreOffice, although I can't say it's a preference, because I too use LibreOffice simply because it's the openSuse default office suite, and haven't used either enough to be able to compare them.

And so far I've used LibreOffice for only one purpose -- to open Japanese .docx files that my admittedly old version of MS Word for the Mac (Office 2003) refuses to open.  It whines that there's "not enough memory or disk space to convert this document."  But Libre Writer opens these files without complaint, even though I'm running openSuse virtually (VirtualBox).  Maybe that's because my LibreOffice is newer than my MS Office.

I do like what little I have seen of LibreOffice, and I'll probably rely on it more as I move away from Macs in favor of Linux.

Drew