Re: [tlug] USB3 hard disks

On Sunday, June 01, 2014 02:15:09 PM Darren Cook wrote:
> Quick question: I've two USB3 sockets. If I plug two hard disks in, and
> want to copy the entire contents of one drive to the other drive,
> roughly how long will it take? Does anyone do something like this as
> part of their backup strategy? (No longer having RAID-1 on either my
> main notebook, or my backup device(s), is making me nervous.)

Dear Darren, quick drop here, there is this immediate answer to your
task; have you ever used http://clonezilla.org/  ?

There is no point simply copying your files on without some degree of
compression, some level of management, etc.

I think we'll have a lot to talk about later in the year in Tokyo. Looking
forward to it.

Regards, Fernando.