Re: [tlug] USB3 hard disks

On 1 June 2014 10:48, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:

> Josh, out of interest, why did you go from 5 Gbps to 2.5 Gbps? (The wiki
> page pointed out that USB3 is full-duplex).

The one assumption that I made and did not state explicitly was that
both drives would be on the same USB bus, which I figured meant they
could only utilise up to half of the available bandwidth. Now that I'm
typing it out, that line of reasoning seems fairly ridiculous. :)

According to Kalin's post, your bottleneck is likely to be the
transfer rates of your drives, anyway, so luckily my absurd "logic"
should not have been too pessimistic, at least. :)

Cheers,
Josh