Re: [tlug] Limits on file numbers in sort -m

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 7:45 AM, Kalin KOZHUHAROV <me.kalin@example.com> wrote:

On May 28, 2014 3:05 PM, "黒鉄章" <akira.kurogane@example.com> wrote:
> Regarding the count of occurrences you could pipe the "sort -m ...." into "uniq -c". I've always been annoyed by the format of uniq (a space-padded, fixed-width count as the first column)

+1!
It is on my todo list to fix that and submit a patch upstream to add CSV output as well as default sort by COUNT DESC ...

I am not sure that this is a good idea to implement "sort" in uniq, as a "| sort -rn" will do the job, and sort is really good at...hum sorting.
Also, you can build a csv output quite easily (you will find many examples with sed).

I believe commands should remain simple.

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.