Re: [tlug] Fwd: Re: Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

On Saturday, 24 May 2014, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

fgs@example.com writes:

 > ... Because if there is one thing we can do to blow this up
 > overnight is to associate Linux with some anti-market,
 > anti-capitalism sort of thing...

Not gonna happen, so don't worry about it.  Linux is firmly embedded
in the pro-corporate, pro-(venture-)capitalism matrix by now.

Indeed. In fact, I just read the results of a Java developer survey in which 26% of developers use Linux as their OS! This is compared to 24% who use MacOS.

http://www.slideshare.net/ZeroTurnaround/java-tools-and-technologies-landscape-for-2014-image-gallery

In this same survey, 68% of respondents are using J2EE (the "Enterprise Edition" of Java, *gag*), so this is a very capitalist crowd.

--Josh

--
Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse the brevity and potential typos.