Re: [tlug] Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

On 05/23/2014 10:32 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Microsoft Word.  What else would they use?  This is the main reason
for specifying a submission format.  Some may print out and use red
ink, of course.

Not red.  Prussian blue.  Pencil, not ink.

I don't understand what you're suggesting here.  The high-quality
typesetting systems accept Word documents and the like directly,
AFAIK.  This may require some kind of custom translation software, but
that's cheap compared to the cost of human reviewers, editors, and
copy-editors.

The front end on most publishing systems is based upon ... ummmm ... that one that Xerox did back in the 1980s and whose name doesn't pop up. Maybe if I stand on my head and then sit up quickly it will float up in front of my eyes like a Magic Eight Ball answer.

--
CL