Re: [tlug] Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 6:46 PM, Simon Cozens <simon@example.com> wrote:
> On 19/05/2014 01:54, Bruno Raoult wrote:
>> Again, LaTeX is probably very good. But for elite. Then going to disappear.
>
> To be replaced by what, exactly? (Well, I am working on one possible
> replacement. ;-) )
>
> I have been wondering recently what is the oldest software still in common
> use. vi/ex date from 1978, emacs from 1976, and TeX from 1978.

No clue...but I thought that could be a fun Google task.  :-)

Seems VistA, the world's first electronic health record system from
1975, is named from one source [1].  But another source [2] gave a
clever answer:  the code running on the Voyager space probes launched
in 1977...

Ray

[1]  http://www.zdnet.com/the-10-oldest-significant-open-source-programs-7000009735/
[2]  http://developers.slashdot.org/story/08/05/11/1759213/what-is-the-oldest-code-written-still-running