Re: [tlug] Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 7:40 AM, Edward Middleton
<edward.middleton@example.com> wrote:
> On 05/18/2014 08:18 PM, Bruno Raoult wrote:
>> IMHO, LaTeX will follow chess, soon or later: A memory in Wikipedia.
>
> LaTex has superior layout capabilities, which make it possible to
> generate beautiful documents with just annotated content.

My point was just: For who? For which audience? I was writing in a
Do they use Tex? Or differently said: Did you tell them they should
learn it, to get nice documents but that
their frinds will not able to read (without export) and surely not
edit and send back?

> I don't think anyone who has anything worth writing would not benefit
> from learning LaTex, whether LaTex becomes their primary tool of choice
> is another question.
>
> do need to know, or at least have a reference to, the markup but
> thats not beyond the capabilities of anyone capable of writing.

Of course, anybody could learn a markup language. Ask to anybody in
the street. They all wonder which
markup language is the best :)

br.

--