Re: [tlug] Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

Bruno Raoult writes:

 > > I think that's rather unlikely.  It's certainly likely that somebody
 > > will invent a handwriting reader that can handle math
 >
 > My tablet does already.

OK, try equation (2) in Ch. IX, sec. 7 (p. 228 in my edition) of Mac
Lane, Categories for the Working Mathematician, then.  It contains 30
individual glyphs, all (except perhaps the open circle denoting
function composition) denoting characters commonly used in high school
mathematics (even in America), so shouldn't be hard for your tablet.

Here's the LaTeX:

\newcommand{\fend}[2]{\int_{#1}\limits #2_{#1,#1}}

$$\textstyle \fend{c}{(\gamma'\cdot{}\gamma)} =
  \left[\fend{c}{\gamma'}\right] \circ \left[\fend{c}{\gamma }\right]$$

and a PNG (I'm actually not a huge fan of the font, the one in the
book is nicer, and the spacing of the brackets is slightly off
compared to the book).

PNG image