Re: [tlug] Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 6:25 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
> Bruno Raoult writes:
>
>  > I have no idea, as I don't use formulas. I just suggest people will
>  > focus on it, therefore making it use-able for everybody.
>
> I think that's rather unlikely.  It's certainly likely that somebody
> will invent a handwriting reader that can handle math

My tablet does already.

>  but typed LaTeX is pretty close to spoken math.  I wouldn't be surprised if LaTeX
> becomes the storage format of choice when dictating a scientific paper
> to a computer becomes a reality.

Well... Scientific papers are shared already (to a format everybody
understands).
If the initial was Word or NewBrFormat [ TM], only the initial people
involved do
care. Wrong?

A reader wants to read. A student wants to read. I want to read (and you too).
I never had any document in tex format. If some writer wants to use it, fine.
If some other prefer NewBrFormat, fine. As long as the final result
(for readers)
is correct.

Again, LaTeX is probably very good. But for elite. Then going to disappear.

By the way, what it the official format in CERN (which I consider an elite too,
and inventor of our current web)?
If you work in an university, you surely exchange a lot of docs with
them, and know
what they prefer to use internally.

What it is?

br.